Submitted by Free Fun In Austin on Fri, 05/25/2012 - 11:59
- Toy Joy 25¢ Treasure Sale - Friday, May 25 and Saturday, May 26, from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. A vast assortment of slightly damaged, shopworn, or broken bits of magic will be on sale under the classy pink tent for a quarter a piece! 25 cents folks, you heard right! They will be bringing out new stuff all the time. Toy Joy, 2900 Guadalupe Street, Austin.
- Fox and the Hound - Friday, May 25 at dusk. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to Metz Park for Friday night movies under the stars! This week you can enjoy The Fox and the Hound, with free popcorn and drinks! The splash pad is also on, if you want to dress the kids in bathing suits. 2407 Canterbury St., Austin.
- Austin Shakespeare's Twelfth Night or What You Will - Friday, May 25 - Sunday, May 27 at 8 p.m. Take your blankets or low chairs and head to Zilker Hillside Theater, next to Barton Springs Pool, to enjoy Bollywood-inspired sets, costumes, music and dance, in this unique production of one of Shakespeare’s most popular romantic comedies. The show is FREE to attend, but donations at intermission are appreciated. This is the final weekend. Zilker Hillside Theater, 2301 Barton Springs Rd., Austin.
- Free Movies at Alamo Drafthouse - Kids ages 3 and up are welcome. Seating is limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Please confirm all show times by clicking on the links below, as they are all subject to change:
- Iron Giant at Alamo South Lamar - Friday, May 25 at 11 a.m., Saturday, May 26, 10:45 a.m., Sunday, May 27 at 11 a.m., and Monday, May 27 at noon.
- The Great Muppet Caper at Alamo South Lamar - Saturday, May 26 at 11:15 a.m.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2D at Alamo Lake Creek - Saturday, May 26 - Monday, May 28 at 11 a.m.
- Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride at Alamo Village - Saturday, May 26 - Monday, May 28 at 11:45 a.m.
Bonus Fun in the 'Burbs:
- Puss in Boots in Robin Bledsoe Park, Leander - Friday, May 25 at dusk. Enjoy a screening of Puss in Boots at Robin Bledsoe Park. Bring a blanket, lawn chairs, or a picnic dinner. 604 S Bagdad Rd., Leander.
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon in Main Street Plaza, Round Rock - Friday, May 25 at dusk. Enjoy a performance from young musicians Unleashed at 7:30 p.m., then settle in your chairs and blankets for Transformers: Dark of the Moon at dusk. 221 E Main St., Round Rock (next to City Hall).
- Memorial Day celebration in Fritz Park, Hutto - Friday, May 25, from 6 p.m. - 11 p.m. and Saturday, May 27, from 9 a.m. - noon. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend at Fritz Park with a variety of games and activities for kids and adults. On Friday night, Games 2U will be in the park, followed by Movie in the Park: Footloose, from 9 - 11 p.m. Return on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. for more fun, including Kid's Sand Dodgeball, an Adult 2-on-2 Basketball Tournament, kid's sack races, freeze tag, kickball and a water balloon toss. Bring your blankets, chairs and a picnic meal to enjoy all of these activities. 400 Park St, Hutto.
- Puss in Boots in Boerne - Friday, May 25. Plaza Play Day begins at 6:30 p.m., with a screening of Puss in Boots at dark. And 10 gallons of bubble solution! Main Plaza, 100 N Main St, Boerne.
- Stargazing at the Roughs - Friday, May 25, from 9:30 - 11 p.m. Don’t miss this opportunity for the whole family to explore the galaxy together as our astronomer takes you on a tour of the Milky Way that’s truly out of this world! Behold the wonder of the cosmos through our Dobsonian telescopes and venture beyond the boundaries of our planet Earth. Learn about the constellations and marvel at the beauty and mystery of the universe in this spectacular free program for the whole family. Bring lawn chairs, refreshments and blankets for comfort and enjoy this family event. Program will be canceled in the event of inclement weather. FREE! All ages. McKinney Roughs Nature Park, 1884 Hwy 71 West, Cedar Creek.
- Staci Gray at BabyEarth Round Rock - Sunday, May 27 at 10:30 a.m. Bring the kids to BabyEarth Round Rock for some toe-tappin' music and super-silly stories! Staci Gray is an Austin-based children's performer who has mesmerized children all over Texas. In Austin, she performs weekly story times at some of Austin's coolest kiddy hangouts, like the Austin Children's Museum, Bookpeople, Ruta Maya and more! BabyEarth Round Rock Store, 106 E Old Settlers Blvd Ste D-100, Round Rock.
You may also be interested in: